GSRP - Free Preschool
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Wyandotte Public Schools is proud to partner with the State of Michigan to provide a free 4 year-old preschool program for qualifying students. The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP Program) provides students with a high-quality preschool experience focused on the development of Social/Emotional, Literacy, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Creative Development & Physical Development on a daily basis.
Both Wyandotte residents and out-of-district families are eligible to apply.
Age Requirement for 2022-2023 School Year:
Your child may be eligible to participate in the GSRP (free) Preschool Program if your child will be 4 years old by September 1, 2022. Children that turn 4 years old after September 1, 2022 but before December 1, 2022 will be placed on a waitlist until after September 1, 2022.
Full Day Classrooms Monday-Thursday 8:15AM-3:15PM or 8:30AM-3:30PM
How Do I Know If My Child Qualifies?
During the application process, the Program Director will sit down with you and determine if your child is eligible for the GSRP Preschool. Your child may qualify for our free preschool program based on the following criteria:
- Risk Factors:
- Does your child have a diagnosed disability?
- Does your child have an identified developmental delay?
- Does your child have severe or challenging behaviors?
- Is a language other than English spoken in your home?
- Did one of your child's parents receive their GED or not graduate from High School?
- Is your child (or a parent) a victim of abuse or neglect?
- Does your family have unstable housing?
- Did one of your child's parents have their first child before the age of 20?
2022-2023 Application Process: Families may come to the Early Childhood Center to pick up an enrollment packet after March 21, 2022 and schedule an appointment for you to return the required documentation and complete the GSRP application. You may also call the office at 734.759.5700 to request an enrollment packet to be mailed to your home.
For more information about GSRP, or to find resources for your family, please visit the Great Start Collaborative website.