GSRP - Free Preschool
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Wyandotte Public Schools is proud to partner with the State of Michigan to provide a free 4 year-old preschool program for qualifying students. The Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP Program) provides students with a high-quality preschool experience focused on the development of Social/Emotional, Literacy, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Creative Development & Physical Development on a daily basis.
Both Wyandotte residents and out-of-district families are eligible to apply.
Your child may be eligible to participate in the GSRP (free) Preschool Program if your child will be 4 years old by September 1st, 2020.
Full Day Classrooms Monday-Thursday 8:15AM-3:15PM
How Do I Know If My Child Qualifies?
During the application process, a program staff member will sit down with you and determine if your child is eligible for the GSRP Preschool. Your child may qualify for our free preschool program based on the following criteria:
- Risk Factors:
- Does your child have a diagnosed disability?
- Does your child have an identified developmental delay?
- Does your child have severe or challenging behaviors?
- Is a language other than English spoken in your home?
- Did one of your child's parents receive their GED or not graduate from High School?
- Is your child (or a parent) a victim of abuse or neglect?
- Does your family have unstable housing?
- Did one of your child's parents have their first child before the age of 20?
2020-2021 Application Process: Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are now available. Please contact Melissa Petty, Director of Early Childhood, at 734.759.5700.